Buddha at Sunset

Buddha at Sunset

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A toast in memory of Mary Travers - from Peter, Paul and Mary!











I was deeply saddened this morning when the news came of the death of folk singer Mary Travers. The world loses one of its best people at a time when we need people like her more than ever....who always sang 'for the people', and was able to make my world a better place each time I listened to her sing.

She was a huge part of showing me what the word love was all about...

So many people do everything 'for the money'. Mary Travers would have to stick out to me as one who seemed to do it mostly for the joy of singing, for the joy of entertaining us, and with the intent of sharing her vision of how the world could be a better place.

"Where Have All the Flowers Gone"...a deeply thoughtful song that was for many of us the beginning of our political thinking. A song that is more valuable today than it was back then.

"In the Early Morning Rain"...wow!

"Follow Me"...Follow me, where I go, what I do, and who I know....making part of you to be a part of me....How better might you tell someone how much you love them?


"And When I Die"....the reality of life....enjoy it while you can!

"Puff the Magic Dragon"....one of the first love songs that a child can really understand.

I'll end with that....

May peace be with you Mary Travers! You made my life a better place! Thank you!