Buddha at Sunset

Buddha at Sunset

Friday, March 12, 2010

I stood so close to a Bald Eagle Tuesday afternoon!

As you know by now; I go for a walk outside nearly every day.  I'm always amazed because something spectacular happens each and every time.  Sometimes its a sailboat tacking across the bay with the sunset in the sky; but some days are even more amazing than the rest.

This last Tuesday it was raining.....actually quite hard and very steady.  I had my rain hat and a very good windbreaker on, but was wishing I had my full rain top on with hood.  As I walked up to the deck on the bay to do my daily stretches and exercises, I noticed a bald eagle sitting about eye level high out in the bay; about 100 yards from me at most.  So magnificent.  I decided to not go up on the deck because it seemed like I would be intruding on this awesome bird's space if I did.  It was in command of the area, and I did not wish to change the balance.  The rain was coming down in a downpour, but the eagle just sat there as if it was watching the surf roll in at a beach in LaJolla; so calm, no reflection of the rain pouring down.

What an amazing day....hope you have something so beautiful come to your life this week or soon!

By the way;  There is a webcam where you can watch an eagle's nest on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.  The eagle pair has just produced an egg.  Last year, we watched from just after hatch until they were quite big.  You want to watch it at times early or late in the afternoon, as during the day the parents are regularly gone fishing.  Here is the site:  http://www.hancockwildlife.org/staticpages/index.php/20090302200021473