Buddha at Sunset

Buddha at Sunset

Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Second Old Friend makes contact this same week!

The last time I really talked to Larry Christenson was probably 1969 in May. We had just finished spending a year in VietNam together and were back safely in Colorado.

We were 'a little messed' up from the experience. All in different ways.....

Larry and his good buddy Tom Freeman.....were good friends while we were in Phan Rang. They were some of my 'big brothers' since in their mid 20's they were 'old' guys. I was the second youngest guy in my unit at 18 1/2 years old at the time we arrived in VietNam. My good friend Don Winters was the youngest.

Larry found my email and sent me a note. We followed that with a phone call.

We share motorcycles as a passion.

I'm going to try to remember the other members of our 'group' that hung out and watched out for each other in VietNam.

Don Winters (died in early 90's from motorcycle crash), James L (Jim) Murray - used to see him and talk regularly; but he's disappeared and I can't find him, Doyle Miller - Lives in Elizabeth, CO, Scott Terhark - lives in Parker, CO, (saw Doyle and Scott at our big coming home reunion in 1989, but not since), Jay Applegate (lives in Denver), Bob (Rip) Reposa - lives in Aurora, CO....Hi Bob!

I love you guys! Miss you! Wish we could all get together again.

I send a message of peace and an end to suffering for all the people in the world affected by war, drought, hunger, natural disaster, or internal personal suffering. I pray you will have an end to your suffering and a return to joy and inner happiness very soon!